Written by Gavin McClurg, edited by the Cross Country team, and packed with insight from the very best, Advanced Paragliding is aimed at all intermediate pilots up, to help them build on their foundations and progress. There’s a big focus on aerology, meteorology, psychology, safety and risk-management. If you have 100 hours or more and want to go places in paragliding, this is for you.
Advanced Paragliding draws on over eight years’ of in-depth interviewing with over 100 of the world’s best pilots. With Gavin’s incredible popularity among a listener base of 30,000+ pilots, this book is set to be a massive worldwide success.
- 254 pages
- Full colour
- Easy to understand text
- Hardwearing ‘flexibound’ format
OVER 14 TECHNIQUE CHAPTERS INCLUDE:
- How to Thermal Better
- How to Glide Better
- How to Navigate ‘Intermediate Syndrome’
- When to Step Up – and When to Step Down
- How to Tweak Your Mental Game
- How to Avoid Accidents
- How to Kill Complacency
- How to Throw Your Reserve
- When and how to approach SIV training
- How to Fly Competitions
- How to Fly Big XCs – learning to fly faster
- How to Recover from Frightening Experiences
- Threat and Error Management: what we can learn from other aviation disciplines
The book also includes pilot self-assessment and gives guidance on personal progression, using mentoring techniques.
In terms of skills development, Advanced Paragliding sits at the top of the stack of Cross Country’s existing range of books, which includes Paragliding: the Beginner’s Guide, Fifty Ways to Fly Better, and Mastering Paragliding.